- Cooking Time: chill 2 hrs
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryFamily Circle Mag.
Broccoli provides a high amount of vitamin C, which aids iron absorption in the body, prevents the development of cataracts, and also eases the symptoms of the common cold.
The potassium in broccoli aids those battling high blood pressure, while a large amount of calcium helps combat osteoporosis.
The vegetable is also fiber-rich, which enhances the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, as well as aims to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled *
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds *
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1. in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar, set aside.
- * instead of using all this mayonnaise, i used a poppy seed dressing that i love.
- 2. Place broccoli, bacon, grapes, raisins, sunflower seeds and red onion in serving bowl. Pour mayonnaise mixture over top and mix well to combine. Refrigerate for two hours.
- *i skipped the bacon, and used almonds and you can use any preferred nuts.
- This receipt is flexible for your own spin.