Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
10 spears frozen broccoli (or fresh, precooked)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
1½ cups milk
2 eggs, separated
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make a roux with butter and flour in a saucepan. Slowly add milk to roux and cook on low until
thickened, adding more milk if needed. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Cook broccoli for 4 minutes in microwave, drain, and place in buttered casserole.
4. Beat yolks and stir into white sauce when the sauce is cooled slightly; add cheese and blend in well.
5. Beat egg whites and fold into sauce. Pour mixture over broccoli (do not stir in); bake for 30 to 40
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Side Dish