- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice, with seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced fat, reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In large saucepan, combine water, rice and contents of seasoning packet and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup, milk, cream cheese and salt. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add broccoli and carrots and cook on medium-low for 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with almonds