BROCCOLI AND CHEESE BRUNCH CASSEROLE
- 8-oz pork sausage (used Jimmy Dean )
- 10-oz package of chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided (used mexi blend)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (used cottage cheese)
- 8 eggs lightly beated (used 3 for 1/2 of the recipe)
- 1/4 cup of milk (milk was sour so did not use any)
- 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt ( did not use the salt)
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced ( did not have so I used chopped red pepper)
Oven set on 350. Lightly grease a 7x11" dish
Cook the sausage, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the broccoli and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Place into the prepared dish. Add a 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese to the bowl along with the eggs and ricotta cheese, milk and spices.
Spread over the sausage mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Arrange the tomato slices over the top~ ( used chopped red pepper)
Bake covered for about 30 minutes~ Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.