- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium veggie broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
NotesCooking Light, JANUARY 2002
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More