- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 3. Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.
NotesCooking Light - January 2002
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More