- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 3. Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.
NotesCooking Light - January 2002
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More