- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- 3 cup(s) (about 6 ounces dry) cooked whole-wheat fusilli or similar pasta
- 4 cup(s) (about 1 1/2 large heads) chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (8 ounces) diced ham, preferably reduced-sodium
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper (or a combination), diced
- 1/4 cup(s) diced red onion, plus slices for garnish
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cup(s) spinach leaves
- 1 cup(s) torn radicchio leaves
- 1.To prepare dressing: Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion (or chives), tarragon (or dill), and onion salt (and/or celery salt) in a bowl until well blended. Season with white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- 2.To prepare salad: Combine pasta, broccoli, ham, bell pepper, diced onion, and raisins in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly incorporated. Cover and refrigerate to blend the flavors for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- 3.Serve on a bed of spinach and radicchio, garnished with slices of red onion.
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2. Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (167% daily value), Vitamin A (85% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (20% dv), Magnesium (18% dv), Zinc (17% dv), Iron (16% dv).
NotesA great make-ahead entrée, this lightened-up pasta salad is loaded with broccoli and peppers. Smoky ham and sweet raisins give it plenty of punch. Enjoy the leftovers for a fuss-free lunch.
Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Italy or Bust
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More