- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- 3 cup(s) (about 6 ounces dry) cooked whole-wheat fusilli or similar pasta
- 4 cup(s) (about 1 1/2 large heads) chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (8 ounces) diced ham, preferably reduced-sodium
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper (or a combination), diced
- 1/4 cup(s) diced red onion, plus slices for garnish
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cup(s) spinach leaves
- 1 cup(s) torn radicchio leaves
- 1.To prepare dressing: Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion (or chives), tarragon (or dill), and onion salt (and/or celery salt) in a bowl until well blended. Season with white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- 2.To prepare salad: Combine pasta, broccoli, ham, bell pepper, diced onion, and raisins in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly incorporated. Cover and refrigerate to blend the flavors for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- 3.Serve on a bed of spinach and radicchio, garnished with slices of red onion.
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2. Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (167% daily value), Vitamin A (85% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (20% dv), Magnesium (18% dv), Zinc (17% dv), Iron (16% dv).
NotesA great make-ahead entrée, this lightened-up pasta salad is loaded with broccoli and peppers. Smoky ham and sweet raisins give it plenty of punch. Enjoy the leftovers for a fuss-free lunch.
Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More