- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large, long eggplant
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 16 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pine nuts
- Tomato Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove stalks from eggplant and cut eggplant lengthwise into thin, even slices. Do not use outside slices. There should be 16 slices total.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook eggplant slices for 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and dry on paper towel. Cut mozzarella into eight slices. Cut tomato into eight thin slices, not counting first and last slices.
- Take 2 eggplant slices and place on flameproof tray, in a cross. Place slice of tomato in center, season lightly, add a basil leaf, then slice of mozzarella, another basil leaf, a slice of tomato and more salt and pepper.
- Fold ends of eggplant around filling to make a square bundle. Repeat with rest of ingredients tom make eight bundles. Chill bundles for 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Brush bundles of eggplant with olive oil and cook 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with dressing and sprinkle with pine nuts and chopped basil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More