- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large, long eggplant
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 16 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pine nuts
- Tomato Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove stalks from eggplant and cut eggplant lengthwise into thin, even slices. Do not use outside slices. There should be 16 slices total.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook eggplant slices for 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and dry on paper towel. Cut mozzarella into eight slices. Cut tomato into eight thin slices, not counting first and last slices.
- Take 2 eggplant slices and place on flameproof tray, in a cross. Place slice of tomato in center, season lightly, add a basil leaf, then slice of mozzarella, another basil leaf, a slice of tomato and more salt and pepper.
- Fold ends of eggplant around filling to make a square bundle. Repeat with rest of ingredients tom make eight bundles. Chill bundles for 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Brush bundles of eggplant with olive oil and cook 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with dressing and sprinkle with pine nuts and chopped basil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More