- Cooking Time: 6–8
- Servings: 24 (4)
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThe ingredient amounts here are for "cooking for a crowd" yield of 24 one-half pound servings. However in parenthesis are smaller amounts also, leading to a more "family cooking" size recipe yield of 4 one-half pound servings.
- 1 cup (5 tbsp) Italian parsley leaves, packed
- 2 garlic cloves (⅓ tsp),
- peeled and smashed
- ½ cup (4 tsp) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (1 tsp) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (2 tsp) fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 small shallot (¼ tsp), quartered
- 1 tsp (1 dash) red pepper flakes
- 12 lbs (2 lbs) flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (½ tsp), peeled
- In a food processor, place parsley, smashed garlic cloves, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cilantro, shallot and red pepper flakes.
- Process until they form a well-combined sauce.
- Transfer sauce to bowl, cover securely with a layer of plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
- Preheat broiler.
- Trim fat from flank steak and then score steaks diagonally on both sides.
- Season both sides of steak with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Broil steak 3 to 4 minutes per side until desired doneness.
- Pull and allow meat to rest.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain diagonally.
- Arrange meat on a serving platter.
- Pour sauce over steak.