BROILED OR GRILLED DEVILED PORK CHOPS
- Cooking Time: 4
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoons ground cayenne
- 4 1-inch-thick, bone-in center-cut loin pork chops (2 ½ - 3 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Stir together the mustard, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cayenne in a small bowl.
Position and oven rack 3" to 4" from the broiler element and heat the broiler to high. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil and replace the perforated top part of the pan. Arrange the pork on the broiler pan and season generously on both sides with salt. Or place on a hot grill. Brush about half of the mustard mixture over the top of the chops. Broil or grill until the chops are deeply browned in spots 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the chops over with tongs, brush with the remaining mixture, and continue to broil or grill until the pork is browned and cooked through (an instant-read thermometer in the center of a chop should register 145F), about 5 minutes more. Let rest a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle the better looking sides of the chops with parsley, if using, and transfer to serving plates.