BROILED SALMON WITH OLIVE-TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (3 ounces) green olives stuffed with pimentos, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds salmon fillet, with skin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Non-stick olive oil spray
Mix black and green olives, tomato paste, olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice and water. Set aside; store in refrigerator if kept longer than 4 hours.
Heat broiler; position oven rack so salmon will be 5 to 6 inches from heat. Season flesh-side of salmon with seasoning, and spray liberally with oil. Spray broiler pan lightly with olive oil or use foil to minimize cleanup. Start fish flesh-side down; grill until browned, about 5 minutes. Broil, turning once, until fish flakes under gentle pressure. Depending on the thickness of the fillet, this will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes more.
Slip spatula between skin and flesh of fish. Lift fish onto a cutting board or serving platter; if skin sticks to broiler pan, it can be scraped off later. Spoon olive sauce over salmon and serve.