- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (3 ounces) green olives stuffed with pimentos, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds salmon fillet, with skin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- Mix black and green olives, tomato paste, olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice and water. Set aside; store in refrigerator if kept longer than 4 hours.
- Heat broiler; position oven rack so salmon will be 5 to 6 inches from heat. Season flesh-side of salmon with seasoning, and spray liberally with oil. Spray broiler pan lightly with olive oil or use foil to minimize cleanup. Start fish flesh-side down; grill until browned, about 5 minutes. Broil, turning once, until fish flakes under gentle pressure. Depending on the thickness of the fillet, this will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Slip spatula between skin and flesh of fish. Lift fish onto a cutting board or serving platter; if skin sticks to broiler pan, it can be scraped off later. Spoon olive sauce over salmon and serve.
NotesEnjoy the heart-healthy benefits of this savory salmon dish. Broiled to perfection and topped with a zesty vinaigrette, this dish is not only rich in omega-3 fatty acids, but its bold flavor will captivate your senses.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More