- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless beef sirloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over both sides of steaks.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7 minutes. Turn steaks; top with mushrooms. Broil 7-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and mushrooms are tender.
NotesThis was outstanding…quick/easy nice presentation, good for company.
Perfect with Twice-Baked Deviled Potatoes, same issue.
Chicken note: I let the marinade set for about an hour, grilled over charcoal 4 minutes on one side and 5 on the otter…cooked mushrooms in sauce pan with butter, onion, dash of liquid smoke for 5 to 6 minutes and topped steak before serving!