- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- fresh tomato - cored and cut in half horizonally
- fresh morzella cheese cut in 1/4 inch slices (it's easier to slice if you place it in the freezer for 20 mins first)
- fig and meyer lemon balsamic vinegar - abount 1/2 teaspoon per tomato half
- fresh oregno stemmed and roughly chopped or leave the leaves whole.
- Place a slice of cheese on the top of each tomato half and broil until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown. Sprinkle with vinegar and oregno and enjoy.
NotesI found a twist on the clasic caprese salad using a meyer lemon olive oil. Of course this is not meyer lemon season so I went to Williams Sanoma to see what they had. No luck with the oil but I found a fig and meyer lemon balsamic vinegar. The tomatoes I had were less than perfect so I decided to broil them to concentrate the flavor. My hero suggested I use fresh oregno instead of basil after tasting the vinegar and below is the result.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More