- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- fresh tomato - cored and cut in half horizonally
- fresh morzella cheese cut in 1/4 inch slices (it's easier to slice if you place it in the freezer for 20 mins first)
- fig and meyer lemon balsamic vinegar - abount 1/2 teaspoon per tomato half
- fresh oregno stemmed and roughly chopped or leave the leaves whole.
- Place a slice of cheese on the top of each tomato half and broil until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown. Sprinkle with vinegar and oregno and enjoy.
NotesI found a twist on the clasic caprese salad using a meyer lemon olive oil. Of course this is not meyer lemon season so I went to Williams Sanoma to see what they had. No luck with the oil but I found a fig and meyer lemon balsamic vinegar. The tomatoes I had were less than perfect so I decided to broil them to concentrate the flavor. My hero suggested I use fresh oregno instead of basil after tasting the vinegar and below is the result.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More