- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. bread flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package yeast (rapid rise)
- 1 1/2 c. (about) lukewarm milk
- 1/2 oz. butter or margarine
- grease for the pan
- 5 tbsp. milk mixed with 1/2 tsp. sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the flour and salt. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup milk and stir in some of the flour/salt mix to make a fluid batter.
- Cover and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the butter or margarine in the milk. Add the rest of the flour and milk.
- Knead the dough until it comes away easily from the side of the bowl. Flour the bowl and let the dough rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Form the dough into about 12 rolls and set them on a greased baking sheet. Let rise for about 10 minutes.
- With the back of a knife, make a long indentation in every roll. Brush with water and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, brush with the sweetened milk immediately.
NotesI like these for breakfast, perfect with some jam and some fruit salad. They also make good lunch rolls, served on a plate with a variety of cheeses and lunch meats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More