BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Brown Butter Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
The Brown Butter transforms the cookie, making it impossible to eat just one..Read More
- Cooking Time: 6-9 minutes
- Servings: Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (12 ounce package) Peanut butter chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium pan set to medium heat, begin to melt the butter, stirring constantly. The butter will foam and you will notice small flecks sinking to the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring until the butter has turned a pretty shade of brown. (Be careful with this part, the butter goes from brown to a burnt dark brown in a matter of seconds). Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stir together, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter and the sugar together.
5. Slowly add in the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture.
6. Add the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir well. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Make for 6 to 9 minutes.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
The Brown Butter transforms the cookie, making it impossible to eat just one.
They're incredibly moist on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. The chocolate and the peanut butter chips go perfectly together.