- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Browning butter in a tiny skillet or saucepan makes Brown Butter. The trick is to brown the butter to a light delicate brown without scorching. Make whatever amount you need and apss it in a small pitcher so everyone can pour the butter over the hot veg. You can vary 1/4 c. browned butter in these ways:
- Celery: Stir in 1 tsp. celery seeds. Good on potatoes and carrots.
- Cheese: Stir in 2 Tb. grated Parmesan cheese.*
- Garlic; Stir in 1 small clove garlic, cut in half. Let stand for several minutes. It's a good idea to make this garlic butter when you start to cook the veg. Especially tasty on cabbage, cauliflower, parsnips or peas.
- Horse-radish: Stir in 1 Tb. prepared horse-radish. Excellent on beets.
- Kay's note: *Use freshly grated Parmesan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More