- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Browning butter in a tiny skillet or saucepan makes Brown Butter. The trick is to brown the butter to a light delicate brown without scorching. Make whatever amount you need and apss it in a small pitcher so everyone can pour the butter over the hot veg. You can vary 1/4 c. browned butter in these ways:
- Celery: Stir in 1 tsp. celery seeds. Good on potatoes and carrots.
- Cheese: Stir in 2 Tb. grated Parmesan cheese.*
- Garlic; Stir in 1 small clove garlic, cut in half. Let stand for several minutes. It's a good idea to make this garlic butter when you start to cook the veg. Especially tasty on cabbage, cauliflower, parsnips or peas.
- Horse-radish: Stir in 1 Tb. prepared horse-radish. Excellent on beets.
- Kay's note: *Use freshly grated Parmesan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More