- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1/2 that can with water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp worsteshire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- poultry seasoning sprinkled on chicken
- olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Brown chicken in bottom of medium size pan in a little oil.
- Remove chicken and saute onions, adding oil if needed.
- When onions are tender, add in butter and flour and stir together.
- When flour is no longer white, put chicken back in and add broth, extra water and bouillon cube and worsteshire sauce.
- Add more water based on amount of sauce that is made...if you like a lot then add more water and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook at least 30 minutes. THe longer it simmers the better it is. I usually simmer 1 hour.
- WHile chicken is simmering start rice. I use Near East brand rice pilaf from the box.
- Add any veggies on the side for you
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More