Brown Rice Butternutsquash Hummus Wrap
1 large spinach flour tortillia
2 T Hummus
1/2 C Brown rice
1/4 C Butternut squash (roasted with sage and brown sugar)
1/4 C Uncooked spinach
1 Slice Swiss Cheese
Wrap burrito style
FYI I used a teflan pan and if you decide not to I advise you to put oil or butter in the pan after each ingredient. Also, these were leftovers, but you could also prepare it as an original meal.
1. Butter or oil the pan lightly. Heat the tortillia on both sides.
2. Put it to the side on cutting board or plate.
3. Heat hummus in the same pan. Once heated through spread it off center on yor tortillia.
4. Next through your rice and squash in the same pan, heat through
5. Put that rice and squash on top of the hummas in the tortillia
6. Add the cheese and spinach
7. Fold the ends in and roll it over like a burritto
Pairs Well With
Well I had made dinner earlier in the week citrus and herb chicken, roasted butternut squash, and brown rice. So I made a whole chicken but cut out one breast and put the rest in the freezer. After eating off of it for a few days I only had rice and squash left and I was hungry, and some crazy idea of putting it in a wrap came over me. I did it and it was not only healthy it was delicious!! You have to try this or even with some other ingredients that seem they will go well together.