- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Cooking Spray
- 1. In a large non-stick skillet spray cooking spray to cover the bottom, sauté rice until lightly browned.
- 2. Add the broth, garlic, almonds, sunflower seeds and pine nuts. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 35 minutes or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
NotesThe original recipe of Brown Rice Pilaf we found in a copy of Light and Tasty Magazine, but changed it to meet our taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More