- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35 (inc salad sit time)
- ---Brown Rice Salad---
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small red onion, halved and minced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- *Citrus-Basil vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Fresh cilantro, basil, and/or mint leaves - for garnish, chopped
- ---*Citrus-Basil Vinaigrette---
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp heaping tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup canola oil or olive oil
- Combine rice and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add citrus/basil vinaigrette and stir to combine.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with desired herbs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013
Home cookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More