- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35 (inc salad sit time)
- ---Brown Rice Salad---
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small red onion, halved and minced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- *Citrus-Basil vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Fresh cilantro, basil, and/or mint leaves - for garnish, chopped
- ---*Citrus-Basil Vinaigrette---
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp heaping tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup canola oil or olive oil
- Combine rice and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add citrus/basil vinaigrette and stir to combine.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with desired herbs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More