- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups (14 to 16) egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar, vanilla and salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually sift 1 cup of the sugar into the beaten whites and beat to incorporate.
- Sift remaining sugar with all the flour and gently fold it into the whites. Gently turn the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. (When done, the cake should spring back at the touch of a finger.) Let cake cool before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Growers' Giveback Potluck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More