- Cooking Time: 8-10 min.
- Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
BackstoryLooking to get rid of leftover Halloween candy? This cookies are the answer!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. chopped Butterfinger candy bars (12 minis)
- 6-8 mini Hershey's Chocolate Bars (optional)
- 3 Tbls, heavy cream (optional)
- Beat sugar, butter, buttermilk, and egg until light and fluffy. Beat in salt, baking soda and flour until combined. Fold in chopped candy bars. Chill, covered with plastic wrap, for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Using a thin metal spatula, transfer immediately to a wire rack to cool.
- At this point, you could leave well enough alone, but if you also happen to have a handful of Hershey's chocolate bars in the bottom of the candy bucket, go for it. Melt them up, whisk in a bit of cream, and dunk those suckers!