- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Eggwhites
- 4 deciliter cups moist dark brown sugar
- 500ml Whipping Cream
- Beat the Eggwhites with the sugar til it´s stiff, for ca 4-5 minutes.
- Place in two good buttered and floured round Bundt cake Pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 95-120°C (200-250°F) Let dry completely. Cool completely. Great to do a day ahead or even a few days ahead.
- Just 6 or 8 hours before serving whip the Cream and place half of it on the first Bundt, put the second Bundt ontop and cover with the rest of the Whipped Cream.
- If desired you can also put halved canned Pears between the bundts along with the whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated til served. The Icelandic way of making these kinds of cakes is to put it in the freezer til 2 or 3 hours before serving.
NotesThis type of cakes is necessary for the Icelandic Birthday Buffet. Many varieties are made, also with white sugar and all kinds of candies are also put in the bundts. The imagination has no boundaries there.
This one melts in your mouth!
Look forward to comments and may you love it like I do
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Blue Family Favorites<3
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More