Brown Sugar Cake
"It is my passion to bake and this recipe is to die for!"Serves 18-22 | Prep Time 32 Minutes | Cook Time 1 hour & 45 minutes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
1 cup butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2.In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, the granulated sugar and butter with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
3. Scrape the bowl constantly.
4. Beat on medium speed about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
6. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
7. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and 3/4 cup milk.
8. Pour into pan.
9. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick or knife comes out clean.
10. Cool 10 minutes.
11. Remove cake from pan to cooling rack.
12. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
13. Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan, heat all the sauce ingredients except vanilla extract to boiling over medium heat.
14. Stir constantly.
15. Boil and stir 2 minutes.
16. Cool to room temperature.
17. Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
18. Serve warm sauce with cake.
19. Resist the temptation to use margarine instead of butter in this recipe.
20. Butter will give you far better taste & flavor.
Pairs Well With
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is a one of a kind flavored blast of a cake.
Also it is one that everybody says " It is to DIE for!"
I have created this recipe 3-7 times, so yeah I have already mastered this recipe!
Everyone loves this recipe!