- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut in 4 chunks
- seeds from scraped vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium heavy based saucepan, combine the brown sugar and water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook over high temperature swirling the pan continuously until the caramel reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and slowly and carefully pour in the cream (the carmel may splutter).
- Boil over high heat for 2 minutes stirring occasionally to blend. Remove from the heat and slowly add the butter, vanilla seeds and salt.
- Cool slightly before using. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer indefinitely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More