- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut in 4 chunks
- seeds from scraped vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium heavy based saucepan, combine the brown sugar and water. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook over high temperature swirling the pan continuously until the caramel reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and slowly and carefully pour in the cream (the carmel may splutter).
- Boil over high heat for 2 minutes stirring occasionally to blend. Remove from the heat and slowly add the butter, vanilla seeds and salt.
- Cool slightly before using. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer indefinitely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Summertime SippersSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More