BROWN SUGAR CASHEW FUDGE
- Servings: 3 Dz
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter no substitutes -- plus
- 1/4 cup softened divided
- 1 cup brown sugar -- packed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups salted cashews -- coarsely chopped
Line a 9-inch square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and remaining butter.
Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well.
Fold in cashews.
Immediately spread into prepared pan.
Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan.
Cut into 1-inch squares.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.