- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Turn off the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir together the flour and baking powder and stir into the brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla and pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- When cool, dust the top with a sifting of confectioners' sugar.
NotesThis is very easy to make, I got this from Paula Deen's "Paula Home Cooking" show. My Stepdaughter loves this and her bestfriend, sometimes they will help me bake this. You can also bake this without the nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More