- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 TBL. All-Purpose Unbleached White Flour
- 2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 TBL. Brandy
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Melt the Butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. In a medium-sized bowl, stir the Flour and Cinnamon with the Sugar. Whisk this mixture into the melted Butter until moistened.
- Stir in the Cream and whisk until smooth. Cook over low heat (slightly bubbling), whisking frequently until thickened and smooth - 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the Brandy and Vanilla.
- Serve over the Coffee Cake while warm, or it can be refrigerated for about 1 week. Reheat just before serving. Reheat is SLOWLY, tho, or it will break.
NotesYou've got to make this! Whatever day you plan to serve this apple cake; be sure to bake it the day or night before. It is really better the next day! Serve the coffee cake with the warm Brown Sugar Sauce. This recipe is from Newfoundland!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More