- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 1/2 c packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 c apple butter
- 1/4 c bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 3 T. apple cider
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. coarse kosher salt
- 1 T. packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsps dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 2-2 1/4 lb. racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 lg onion, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 6 thin rounds peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 c apple cider
- FOR BASTING SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingred. in medium bowl to blend.
- FOR RIBS:
- Mix first 7 ingred. in small bowl.
- Using small sharp knife, loosen membrane from underside of each rib rack & pull off (or score membrane).
- Rub 1 T. seasoning mix into each side of each rib rack.
- Place ribs in large roasting pan.
- Cover & chill at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Lift ribs from pan.
- Scatter onion, cinnamon stick, & ginger in pan.
- Pour in Cider.
- Return ribs, meat side down, to pan; cover pan with foil.
- Roast ribs till meat is tender and begins to pull away from bones, about 2 hours.
- Uncover; cool at lease 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. (I left longer before using)
- Prepare barbecue (med-high heat).
- Grill ribs, till heated thru and slightly charred, about 5 min. per side.
- Brush generously on all sides with basting sauce.
- Grill till sauce becomes sticky glaze, about 3 min. longer per side.
- Transfer rib racks to cutting board.
- Cut racks tween bones into individual ribs.
- Arrange on platter and serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More