- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 2- to 2 1/4-pound racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 6 thin rounds peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- For ribs:
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl.
- Using small sharp knife, loosen membrane from underside of each rib rack and pull off (or score membrane).
- Rub 1 tablespoon seasoning mix into each side of each rib rack.
- Place ribs in large roasting pan.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lift ribs from pan. Scatter onion, cinnamon stick, and ginger in pan.
- Pour in cider.
- Return ribs, meat side down, to pan; cover pan with foil.
- Roast ribs until meat is tender and begins to pull away from bones, about 2 hours. Uncover; cool at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill ribs until heated through and slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
- Brush generously on all sides with basting sauce.
- Grill until sauce becomes sticky glaze, about 3 minutes longer per side.
- Transfer rib racks to cutting board.
- Cut racks between bones into individual ribs. Arrange on platter and serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More