- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love inventing new pancake recipes and this one is very popular in our house. This really is delish. The browned butter gives the pancakes a really great, nutty flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cups milk plus a splash extra
- 2 TBSP butter plus more for grilling and topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP ground flax meal
- 1 banana
- Brown 2 TBSP butter in a small sauce pan or frying pan.
- Meanwhile, mix first four dry ingredients together, making a well in the middle.
- Add browned butter to milk to cool. Add beaten eggs to milk mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into well. Whisk.
- add 2 TBSP of flax meal and an extra splash of milk, mix.
- Slice your banana into paper thin circles, set aside.
- Heat your griddle pan, add butter. When butter starts to sizzle, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls. Place banana circles on top. When pancakes start to bubble, flip over and cook for another minute or so.
- Top with butter and whipped cream or butter and powdered sugar.
- Makes about 14 pancakes.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYsSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More