- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (13x9 inch pan, but disposable foil casserole pan is best)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled (optional)
- PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING. THE PROCEDURE IS A BIT OUT OF THE ORDINARY.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Line 13x9 inch pan with foil. I use a disposable foil casserole pan.
- Grease or spray w/ cooking spray.
- Make sure PAN IS DEEP, as cheesecake portion of this recipe tends to puff up.
- When they are cool, put them in the fridge and they "calm down".
- I also line any pan I use with foil, extending the foil over the edges. This makes it easy to get the whole thing out for slicing.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on box and pour into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until top is shiny and center is ALMOST set. At this point it is only partially done.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each egg to mix well.
- Pour over partially cooked brownie batter in pan. (Filling will come almost to the top.).
- Bake 40 minutes or until center of cheesecake part is almost set.
- Run knife/spatula around edge to loosen cake.
- After cooling, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate squares over top. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Remove from pan using the foil to lift it out.
- Dip a knife in hot water to cut these.
- Cut into 16 pieces, or more, to serve.
- RASPEBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- Use 1 1/2 c raspberries and 1 T sugar - before baking chesecake portion top with raspberries and sprinkle with sugar.
- 16-20 servings
- 1¼ hours
- 20 min prep
NotesUPDATE: I have made this 3 times since posting. The first time I made this I shared it. The next 2 times were for myself only! Talk about comfort food....TDF!!! (There is also a 2nd version in my Cheesecake Collection ckbk) Here is a dessert with 2 of my favorite things, brownies and cheesecake. Could you ask for anything more? Well, maybe a large ice cold glass of milk! When I saw this in the latest Food & Family from Kraft, I had to share it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More