- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: About 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Sifted powder sugar
- Melt shortening and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water
- Combine eggs ans sugar, beat well
- Stir in Oats, flour, baking powder, salt vanilla and pecans
- Add chocolate mixture
- Stir well
- Spread butter in a greasesd 8-inch square baking pan
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
NotesFound in the recipe book "Christmas Cookies", put out by Oxmoor House.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More