- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- 3 king size Hershey special dark candy bars (or your fav flavor-but if you want to experience nirvana...then special dark it is)
- Mix brownie mix as directed on the box.
- Place ½ of mixture in 9x13 pan.
- Lay the 3 candy bars on top of this side by side.
- Top with remaining brownie mixture.
- Bake as directed.
NotesHere is a good and easy recipe: I think it’s a Paula Dean recipe. I've adapted it by adding the extra box of mix.
I checked to see if they were done by poking a toothpick part way down-not going all the way to the candy bar.
If you serve these warm- the melted chocolate bar makes these like a molten chocolate cake. Be sure to serve with vanilla ice cream.
When these have cooled-the candy bar becomes fudge like in the middle.