- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 10 standard (1/3-cup) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from over water. Whisk both sugars into chocolate mixture, then whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
- Whisk in vanilla, then flour, walnuts, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups (about 1/4 cup for each).
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to rack and cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The NourishFull Kitchen
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More