- Cooking Time: 17 - 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRed Raspberry Gourmet Sauce can be bought online at Robert Rothschild Farm online store.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted, cold
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Robert Rothschild Farm Raspberry Chocolate Pretzel Dip
- 1 Egg, extra large
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy cream
- Robert Rothschild Farm Red Raspberry Gourmet Sauce
- Parchment paper
- Sift together dry ingredients and cut cold butter into pieces and add. Add nuts, if desired, and cream, Raspberry Chocolate Pretzel Dip, egg, and vanilla. Stir until blended. Do not over blend.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Pat into a 1 inch circle. Cut into wedges or desired shaped. Since these will be dessert scones, circles or other round shapes might be preferred.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with cream, and if desired, press a walnut halve in the top for garnish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean. Store in airtight container.
- Serve scone with Red Raspberry Gourmet Sauce drizzled on top.