- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is easy and contains ingredients I usually have on hand. Only downside is the "crust". It cooks up nicely but it is a chore to get it in the dish and have it stay there (and not on your fingers). Next time I am going to NOT spray the dish with cooking spray to see if that helps.
From Cooking for 2
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, egg substitute, sour cream, cheese, onions and garlic powder. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1/2 pizza equals 365 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.