- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 stick of butter
- small amount of onion
- 1 cup of thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of dry white cooking wine
- 1 1/1 cups of shrimp, peeled deveined and cooked
- 2 tab of flour
- 1 cup of half and half or more
- white pepper to taste and salt to taste
- Fresh tarragon
- Frozen Puff Pastry Shells
- Melt butter and saute vegetables til done, add flour and then liquids. Fold in shrimp and spices. Serve over Puff Pastry or Mini Biscuits.
NotesTarragon Shrimp over Puff Pastry is a true southern recipe. Lee Bailey wrote ” Southern Food and Plantation Houses”. This recipe is a variation from Tarragon Creamed River Shrimp and Chicken. Very popular in Natchez and is serve over biscuits or puff pastry. The book was published in 1990 and is well worth finding. Amazon carries used to new editions. The book is what I consider “coffee table” quality.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Nick's PicksSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More