- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 broiler fryer chicken -- cut up
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 1 can(15 oz.) lima beans rinsed and drained
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Place the chicken and water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove
- chicken and debone; cube chicken and return to broth. Add potatoes, beans,
- onions and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Yield 6 servings.
- I serve this with corn bread and a bottle of hot sauce for those who like more heat.
NotesCompliments of my friend, Diana.
I serve this with corn bread and a bottle of hot sauce for those who like more heat.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More