- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 broiler fryer chicken -- cut up
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 1 can(15 oz.) lima beans rinsed and drained
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Place the chicken and water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove
- chicken and debone; cube chicken and return to broth. Add potatoes, beans,
- onions and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Yield 6 servings.
- I serve this with corn bread and a bottle of hot sauce for those who like more heat.
NotesCompliments of my friend, Diana.
I serve this with corn bread and a bottle of hot sauce for those who like more heat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More