- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Once butterflied, place 2 slices of tomatoes on one half of each breast.
- Top tomato slices with 1-2 basil leaves.
- Top basil leaves with 1 slice of provolone, that's been cut in half to fit.
- Fold the butterflied chicken closed like a book.
- Place stuffed chicken on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with fresh basil chiffonade
NotesAfter such a wonderful lunch with my Chicago Cookers & Bakers, I was inspired by the bruschetta that was served at our picnic for lunch. As a result, we had bruschetta chicken.
Here's my simple & light recipe for bruschetta chicken.
I served this with roasted asparagus
and mushroom risotto.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More