- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Once butterflied, place 2 slices of tomatoes on one half of each breast.
- Top tomato slices with 1-2 basil leaves.
- Top basil leaves with 1 slice of provolone, that's been cut in half to fit.
- Fold the butterflied chicken closed like a book.
- Place stuffed chicken on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with fresh basil chiffonade
NotesAfter such a wonderful lunch with my Chicago Cookers & Bakers, I was inspired by the bruschetta that was served at our picnic for lunch. As a result, we had bruschetta chicken.
Here's my simple & light recipe for bruschetta chicken.
I served this with roasted asparagus
and mushroom risotto.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More