- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Once butterflied, place 2 slices of tomatoes on one half of each breast.
- Top tomato slices with 1-2 basil leaves.
- Top basil leaves with 1 slice of provolone, that's been cut in half to fit.
- Fold the butterflied chicken closed like a book.
- Place stuffed chicken on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with fresh basil chiffonade
NotesAfter such a wonderful lunch with my Chicago Cookers & Bakers, I was inspired by the bruschetta that was served at our picnic for lunch. As a result, we had bruschetta chicken.
Here's my simple & light recipe for bruschetta chicken.
I served this with roasted asparagus
and mushroom risotto.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More