- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts frozen,
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw the sprouts. Trim the sprouts and cut in half.
- In saucepan, combine sprouts, stock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sprouts are fork tender and then cook an extra 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; increase heat to high and cook, just until butter browns, being careful not to let it burn. I usually lift pan off the heat and whirl butter around to keep from burning. Add caraway seeds and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Drain sprouts thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning. Toss with browned butter, caraway seeds and lemon juice. Serve in warmed bowl.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More