- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts frozen,
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw the sprouts. Trim the sprouts and cut in half.
- In saucepan, combine sprouts, stock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sprouts are fork tender and then cook an extra 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; increase heat to high and cook, just until butter browns, being careful not to let it burn. I usually lift pan off the heat and whirl butter around to keep from burning. Add caraway seeds and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Drain sprouts thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning. Toss with browned butter, caraway seeds and lemon juice. Serve in warmed bowl.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More