- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts frozen,
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw the sprouts. Trim the sprouts and cut in half.
- In saucepan, combine sprouts, stock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sprouts are fork tender and then cook an extra 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; increase heat to high and cook, just until butter browns, being careful not to let it burn. I usually lift pan off the heat and whirl butter around to keep from burning. Add caraway seeds and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Drain sprouts thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning. Toss with browned butter, caraway seeds and lemon juice. Serve in warmed bowl.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Jean’s Recipe File
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More