- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 pound shallots, thinly sliced
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots; sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper.
- Sauté until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar.
- Stir until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- Halve brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- Cut lengthwise into thin (1/8-inch) slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until brown at edges, 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sauté until most of water evaporates and sprouts are tender but still bright green, 3 minutes.
- Add shallots; season with salt and pepper.
NotesMany people are skeptical about trying Brussels spouts. This recipe will be sure to please even the toughest crowds!