- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 pound shallots, thinly sliced
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots; sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper.
- Sauté until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar.
- Stir until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- Halve brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- Cut lengthwise into thin (1/8-inch) slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until brown at edges, 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sauté until most of water evaporates and sprouts are tender but still bright green, 3 minutes.
- Add shallots; season with salt and pepper.
NotesMany people are skeptical about trying Brussels spouts. This recipe will be sure to please even the toughest crowds!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More