- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, shredded (the slicing blade of a food processor makes this painless)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the vinegar and dried blueberries into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer about 45 minutes, until the vinegar has reduced by about half and the blueberries are plump and rehydrated. Put the blueberry mixture into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and salt. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a large baking sheet. Roast in the oven 20 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, spoon over a generous 3 Tablespoons of the blueberry balsamic vinegar mixture, toss to coat, and return the pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesRecipe by Erika Kerekes for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More