- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, shredded (the slicing blade of a food processor makes this painless)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the vinegar and dried blueberries into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer about 45 minutes, until the vinegar has reduced by about half and the blueberries are plump and rehydrated. Put the blueberry mixture into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and salt. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a large baking sheet. Roast in the oven 20 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, spoon over a generous 3 Tablespoons of the blueberry balsamic vinegar mixture, toss to coat, and return the pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesRecipe by Erika Kerekes for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Recipes for Vitality
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More