- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, shredded (the slicing blade of a food processor makes this painless)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the vinegar and dried blueberries into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer about 45 minutes, until the vinegar has reduced by about half and the blueberries are plump and rehydrated. Put the blueberry mixture into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and salt. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a large baking sheet. Roast in the oven 20 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, spoon over a generous 3 Tablespoons of the blueberry balsamic vinegar mixture, toss to coat, and return the pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesRecipe by Erika Kerekes for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More