- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1/2 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (I didn't use)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet dry Italian seasoning mix for Italian dressing (my addition)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in pepperoni, and cook until browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in pizza sauce and Italian seasoning mix. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Cut biscuits into quarters, and place in the bottom of baking dish. Spread meat mixture evenly over the biscuits. Sprinkle top with onion, olives and mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle top with mozzarella and Cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis dish is delicious! The house smelled like homemade pizza baking! I just cut my biscuits into half and I used Grands Jr. butter tasting. The sauce soaked up nicely into the biscuits for a wonderful taste! I only made half of the pizza with black olives for me and my son! The toppings on this would be endless! Whatever you like on your pizza would go great on this! This recipe is a combination of Brenda (a friend) and Allrecipes!