- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound (250 grams)mung beans*
- 1/2 pound (250 grams)Gula Djawa* (Palm Sugar)or brown sugar
- 1.06 quart (1 litre) coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 inch (about 6 cm) fresh ginger
- Wash the mung beans and soak overnight in enough water to cover the mung beans. The next day cook the mung beans in the same water until they are soft. Rinse the ginger and slightly bruise the ginger with the flat of a meat mallet. Add ginger, sugar and salt to the cooking mung beans. Add coconut milk and continue cooking until slightly thickened. Serve warm.
- Selamat Makan! Smaaklijk Eten!
- *Mung Beans can be purchased at your local Oriental or Indian market.
- *Gula Djawa can be purchased at your local Oriental market such as 99 Ranch Market or on line
NotesFor those of us born in the former Dutch East Indies (Indonesia) Bububur katjang idjo is a comfy food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More