BUCATINI RIGATI ALL'AMATRICIANA
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 Scallion - Sliced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 28 oz can of Roma Tomatoes, drained and crushed
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb pasta Bucatini or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
Cook pasta according to package directions
In a frying pan, pour the olive oil, and add the Pancetta, scallion and red pepper.
Sauté until Pancetta is crispy and scallion is soft
Deglaze with wine and reduce by half
Add crushed tomatoes and let cook for 10 minutes.
Lower heat and cook for about 10 mintues more or until the sauce thickens slightly.
Pour over cooked pasta, add the Pecorino Romano and toss.