- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 60
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3.5 tbsp unsweetened dutched cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened dutched cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put egg whites and yolks in separate large bowls. Beat the yolks and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add cocoa and flour a little at a time .
- Separately beat the egg whites into soft peaks.
- Fold in the yolk and flour mixture a little at a time.
- Pour batter into a 15 x10 inch jelly roll pan lined with wax paper and then greased and floured.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Remove cake from pan and roll up in a kitchen towel to cool.
- Sift together the sugar and cocoa.
- Cream the butter and then add the dry ingredients in the mixer on low speed.
- Then add in the vanilla and cream.
- Beat for several minutes at medium speed until the consistency is smooth and spreadable.
- Unroll cake and spread several thin layers of butter cream all over top of cake.
- Roll up carefully and spread butter cream on outside.
- Use a fork to make it look like bark.
NotesAvailable in a variety of flavor combinations, buche de noel is a cake roll consisting of genoise sponge cake and filling.
Visit our website (below) to learn French and culture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Italy or BustSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More