- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- Blood: 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (14 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (about 40 drops)
- 4 to 5 drops blue food coloring
- Body Parts:
- 2 cups cooked orechiette pasta (ears), or medium shells (noses), or ziti (intestine)
- 1 cup cooked canned peas or pearl onions (eyes)
- 1 cup canned white corn (teeth)
- Mix the soup, broth, water and food coloring in a large saucepan or small Dutch oven. Heat to simmering and add the body parts; heat through. Serve in a new and cleaned child’s beach bucket (at least 1/2 gallon capacity), or from the pot.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 160; Calories from Fat 5; Total Fat 1g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 890mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 10g; Protein 5g
NotesThis spooky and nutritious Halloween recipe is easy to prepare with the help of canned soup, a variety of pastas and canned peas.