Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 large eggs
* 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 3 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
* 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup powdered sugar
* 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
COMBINE eggs and sugar in large bowl. Stir in flour, melted butter, CHOCO BAKE, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
BEAT peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
HEAT cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat. Add semi-sweet morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable. Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Dessert