- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 Dz
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 pound chocolate flavor candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine peanut butter, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Add 2 cups sugar. Beat until blended.
- Continue adding 1/2 cup sugar at a time until mixture shaped into ball will hold onto toothpick.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Place on tray. Chill.
- For coating, combine candy coating and shortening in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% (medium) for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Insert toothpick in candy ball. Dip three-fourths of ball into melted coating. Scrape off excess.
- Place on waxed paper lined tray.
- Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes.
- Refrigerate until coating is firm then remove from paper. Store at room temperature in covered container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More