- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 Dz
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 pound chocolate flavor candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine peanut butter, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Add 2 cups sugar. Beat until blended.
- Continue adding 1/2 cup sugar at a time until mixture shaped into ball will hold onto toothpick.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Place on tray. Chill.
- For coating, combine candy coating and shortening in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% (medium) for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Insert toothpick in candy ball. Dip three-fourths of ball into melted coating. Scrape off excess.
- Place on waxed paper lined tray.
- Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes.
- Refrigerate until coating is firm then remove from paper. Store at room temperature in covered container.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking for a Cure
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More